Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lamenting my lost coffee

I came to a really horrible conclusion a few months ago - that I had to cut back drastically on my coffee drinking.

See, my french press had become my best friend. I was too much of a coffee barfly, to the point where John at Coffee Conspiracy knew what I was going to order before I did.

This is because I absolutely love good coffee (as I love so many good beverages). But it was making me jittery and nuts, and affecting my sleep. So I thought "hey, I gave up cheese and flour tortillas. Why not cut back on the coffee and see what shakes out?"

I throttled back to two coffee beverages a week, down from about 16 ounces daily. Well, it turns out I sleep better and I'm somewhat more calm (hey, I'm still me, after all!). And when I do get a hold of some good coffee, it's even better than it used to be.

No comments: