Friday, March 27, 2009

Womens Pro Soccer - A Rare Time When "Kickoff" Applies

"Kickoff" is high on my list of overused words. Nearly every single thing is a "kickoff" of some kind - a grand opening, the first day of some marketing campaign, the beginning of a sale on Chevy Novas. What, is "beginning" a dirty word?

But hey, there are times when something really is a kickoff! I give you the impending kickoff of Women's Professional Soccer. This is a great thing, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. In my travel blog, I've outlined the reasons I'm happy that women again have a professional soccer league in the United States.

For now, though, just a few messages. One, two the word warriors out there - stop saying kickoff when you're not talking about sports. And to the Women's Professional Soccer players - best of luck to you all!

No comments: