Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A flight I'd love to board

Ahhhhh! There are some things in this world that are simply dripping in cool factor. No, this is marinated in cool, so much that the awesomeness infuses every morsel.

I'm talking about the 747 that's been turned into a hotel!

My buddies over at SpotCoolStuff.com dug this one up, and what a stellar find it is.

As I mentioned in a response to their blog entry, I live in Arizona. We have two massive airplane graveyards (The AMARC in Tucson and Pinal Air Park) and a third smaller one in Goodyear. Each has its share of civilian heavies, C141s and even B-52s. Can you imagine the possibilities if we stopped cutting them up and started doing something really cool with them? In many cases, they're only getting cut up enough to be rendered unflyable. Here's a way better way to do that!

I also know at least one person turned a 727 into a home - I'm pretty sure that's in Colorado.

No comments: